Taking COREG CR, as prescribed by your doctor, can fit easily into your lifestyle. We have tips below to help you remember to take your COREG CR each day.
Taking COREG CR Every Day
Taking COREG CR every day may help prevent another heart attack if you’ve had a heart attack that reduced how well your heart pumps. It has been shown to lower blood pressure, and can help people with heart failure live longer and stay out of the hospital. And taking all of your medications, including COREG CR, the right way every day may help keep you out of the hospital and stay healthy. So, it is important that you do what you can to remember to take your COREG CR and other medications each day.
Here are a few other things you can do to help you remember:
- Place copies of your medication schedule where you’ll see them.
- Give copies of your schedule to family and friends who you may be with when it is time for your medications.
- Use a pillbox with sections for different times of the day. Some pillboxes even have an alarm clock.
- Set an alarm clock or timer to ring when it is time for your medication.
Does COREG CR work with other medications?
Your health care professional will decide which medications are best for you based on your condition. He or she may give you more than one medication to treat your symptoms and help you feel better.
Each type works in a different way. In addition to COREG CR, your doctor may prescribe medications such as ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitor and diuretics (water pills).
Track Your Medication
There are many tools to help you or your caregiver track your medication. Try using an app, or setting alarms to help you remember to take your medication exactly as prescribed. Always check with your doctor if you miss a dose or multiple doses.
* The studies showing heart benefits were done with COREG® (carvedilol). COREG CR contains the same active ingredient as COREG.